Three Flip Studios
Based in Burbank, Los Angeles
Armed and Gelatinous pits you against your friends in fast-paced couch-competitive multi-player action! Control one of four gelatinous blobs in the far reaches of space, picking up weapon-filled crates jettisoned from a stricken transport vessel from planet Earth originally destined for the sun. The more weapons absorbed, the bigger (and slower) each blob’s gelatinous body becomes! Rounds can be customized by changing the game mode to either stock, timed, or deathmatch as well as selecting specific weapons and items for the match!
Armed and Gelatinous was first developed as part of the (Fab) 48 Hour Game Making Challenge 2013, hosted by the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia. Thirty teams of six developers were given two days and three words to work with: Growth, Arms, and Sticky. After Armed and Gelatinous took the win, the original team scattered and went onto work on a variety of other projects, shelving the prototype. Fearing the game would be forgotten forever, one of the members revived it and has since adopted it as a new project under his new indie development company, Three Flip Studios. With the support of crowd funding website Kickstarter, Armed and Gelatinous is well on its way to a commercial release this year.
- 4-Player Battles
- Free-for-all or 2v2
- Sports Minigames
- Online Multiplayer
- Customizable Arsenal
- Tournament Mode
- 12 Unique Weapons
- Snack Induced Power-ups
- Original Soundtrack
Armed and Gelatinous Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Armed and Gelatinous Cinematic Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Wins the (Fab) 48 Hour Game Making Challenge 2013" Brisbane, Australia, 2013
- "E3 The Mix Official Selection 2016" Los Angeles, California, 2016
- "PAX Rising Official Selection PAX South 2018" San Antonio, Texas, 2018
- "Best Multiplayer Dreamhack Austin 2018" Austin, Texas, 2018
- "PAX Rising Official Selection PAX East 2018" Boston, Massachusetts, 2018
- "Four Unexpected Games at E3 2015"
- Alex Newhouse and Matt Espineli, GameSpot
- "Developers pitched me at GDC, and these are the games I saw"
- Stephen Kleckner, VentureBeat
- "A game I couldn’t put down."
- Stuart Gollan, Stevivor
- "The best of GDC Play 2015"
- Chris Park, Softonic
- "HANDS ON: Armed and Gelatinous"
- Adrian Cajili, Techgeek
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Online and Soundtrack Credits
Additional credits armedandgelatinous.com.
About Three Flip Studios
Video games are pretty great. Especially when they’re lovingly crafted by people who care; not just about quality, but about the players themselves. And since we play games too, we strive to create quality games for players like us, offering worthwhile experiences and jolly good times.
More information on Three Flip Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Armed and Gelatinous Credits
Web, Marketing, Design
Jory K. Prum
Sound Design and Implementation
Additional Sound Design